Downtown Roanoke, Inc.Roanoke, Virginia
Downtown Roanoke Ambassador Program
Having a clean, safe, and welcoming downtown is the foundation of a great city. Our 8-person Ambassador team is downtown 6 days a week providing nearly 300 hours of weekly services. Our Ambassador Program builds on existing services and allows us to expand and improve the downtown experience for residents, employees, and visitors.
- Removal of litter and debris
- Weed control
- Graffiti and handbill removal
- Power washing
- Engage and welcome visitors
- Answer questions
- Provide directions and recommendations
- Conduct business outreach
- Address quality of life issues
- Check in with those in need and help connect them with services
- Work closely with Roanoke City Police to report and share information
The current hours for our Ambassador Team are noted below. This schedule is subject to change as we make adjustments during the early stages of the program.
- Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Friday & Saturday 8:00am – 10:00pm
For Ambassador assistance during operating hours, call (540) 553-6638.
Number of Blocks 25 - Serving Since: 2022